The BSC Tools are installed under /apps/BSCTOOLS
- Use module load extrae to configure the extrae version according to the compiler and MPI modules you are using.
$EXTRAE_HOME/share/examplesyou will find examples/templates to instrument your application. To use one of the examples, please copy the corresponding directory on your home/scratch/...
In many cases you can use your production binary and just modify the job script. For instance, for OpenMP applications add
- Since 2022-07-07 and due to security reasons, to access performance counters, it is necessary to add
#SBATCH --constraint=perfparanoidto the jobscript.
- More details on how to use Extrae is described on Section 6.6 of MareNostrum user manual.
- The instrumentation package has a large list of configurable options that are specified on an xml file. To learn more about the available options and their parameters, please look at the $EXTRAE_HOME/share/example/MPI/ld-preload/extrae_explained.xml file.
- The Extrae manual contains a complete description of the tracing package